The Hair Advice Centre Ltd Privacy Notice For Clients
This privacy notice explains how The Hair Advice Centre Ltd looks after personal information you give us or that we learn by having you as a client and the choices you make about marketing communications you agree we may send you. This notice explains how we do this and tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
- What information we collect about you
- How information about you will be used
- How long your information will be kept for
- Where your information is kept
- Access to your information and correction
- Other websites
- Changes to our privacy notice
- How to contact us
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect information about you when you book an appointment for a service or treatment, visit the salon for a service or treatment, or buy a product whether contact is online, on paper, by email or over the phone.
The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number, relevant history which may suggest that a service or treatment should not go ahead or certain products should not be used (eg allergies, pregnancy, skin conditions), payment and transaction information, and IP address.
For clients under the age of 16, we will only keep and use their personal information with the consent of a parent, carer or guardian.
HOW INFORMATION ABOUT YOU WILL BE USED
In law, we are allowed to use personal information, including sharing it outside the salon, only if we have a proper reason to do so, for example:
- To fulfil a contract with you ie to provide the service or treatment you have requested and to communicate with you about your appointments
- When it is in our legitimate interest ie there is a business or commercial reason to do so, unless this is outweighed by your rights or interests
- When you consent to it: we will always ask for your consent to hold and use health and medical information.
We will therefore share your information with:
- Providers of our Salon Software System Salon IQ
- Mailing Houses – Salon IQ
- Suppliers of Our Website – Orange Pixel
We have rigorous data protection and security policies in place with all our suppliers.
We will not share your information with any other third party without your consent except to help prevent fraud, or if required to do so by law.
We would like to send you information about products and services which may be of interest to you. We will ask for your consent to receive marketing information.
If you have consented to receiving marketing, you may opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your information to third party suppliers of products or services. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact Renait Jones or Paula Barte
HOW LONG YOUR INFORMATION WILL BE KEPT FOR
Unless you request otherwise, we will keep your information to contact you for a maximum of 18 months from your last visit to the salon.
After 18 months we will delete all your personal information, except for your name, relevant client history (eg allergy test records which we keep for 4 years) and financial transactions (which we are obliged to keep for 6 years).
See our data retention policy for further information, including employee data.
WHERE YOUR INFORMATION IS KEPT
Your information is stored within the European Economic Area on secure servers provided by Salon IQ. Any payment transactions are encrypted. Sending information via the internet is not completely secure, although we will do our best to protect your information and prevent unauthorised access.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND CORRECTION
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. This will normally be free, unless we consider the request to be unfounded or excessive, in which case we may charge a fee to cover our administration costs.
If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please contact Renait Jones or Paula Barter.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up-to-date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
You have the right to ask us to object to our use of your personal information, or to ask us to delete, remove or stop using your personal information if there is no need for us to keep it.
We email e-newsletters to inform you about products, services and treatments provided by our salon. You have the opportunity to unsubscribe from e-newsletters at any time.
E-newsletters may contain subscriber tracking facilities within the actual email, for example, whether emails were opened or forwarded, which links were clicked on within the email content, the times, dates and frequency of activity. We use this information to refine future email campaigns and provide you with more relevant content based around your activity.
COOKIES AND HOW WE USE THEM
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit All About Cookies ( www.allaboutcookies.org)
Our website includes links to other websites. This privacy notice only applies to our website so when you link to other websites you should read their own privacy notices.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates on our webpage. This privacy notice was last updated on 10th May 2018.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Please contact us if you have any questions about our privacy notice or information we hold about you:
- By email – email@example.com
- Or write to us at: Hair Advice Centre Ltd, 13 Elm Grove, Hayling Island, Hants, PO11 9EA
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Find out on their website how to report a concern: